FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Tesco and BA [2009 archive]
View Single Post
Old Aug 7, 2009, 2:05 am
where2travel

Programs: BA Gold, AA EXP
Originally Posted by ajamieson
Still no 1600 points, though. This will be an interesting discussion with Tesco...

For anyone still wanting some points, the Tesco Metro south of Victoria station is selling Leopard's Leap Lookout S African chenin blanc with 100 extra points for £4.99 a bottle. It has a tolerable taste, there's plenty left, and the points post correctly at the till
Yikes, sounds like quite a battle you had. I try to avoid dealing with the store Customer Services where possible. That said, the number of errors made in-store means it's often not avoidable. Some of the logic and excuses they try to use to wriggle out of honouring prices/points/promotions etc is truly bizarre (and getting them to see their flawed logic is impossible).

On the Champagne, I think I may have been minded to return it and just ask for my money back. Having said that, if you have the fight then good luck and I hope you get the points you're owed.

The white Leopard's Leap is still showing at £5.35 on the shelf-edge label but it's going through the till at £4.99 with the 100 points. "Tolerable" is a fair description.

Last edited by where2travel; Aug 7, 2009 at 6:56 am