FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Flying LAX to SIN on A340-500 Sat. What to expect
Old Aug 6, 2009, 2:19 pm
Springtime9

Question Singapore Airline Tickets LAX to Danang, Vietnam

Dear Guy Betsy:
You seem to know the ropes in Southeast Asia. My husband and I are going to go to Danang, Vietnam in January and stay six months. I don't sleep on flights and don't do well on long flights (although I love to fly and have no fear - just get restless after about 5 hours). SO, I decided to go on Singapore Airlines as they are the best. My question is about getting the best airfare and connections. If I book on-line, the connection time is too short in Japan and/or Singapore - only an hour from LAX to Japan before japan to Singapore leg. If I go through a consolidator, I'm worried that if there are problems, Singapore Airlines won't help. How do I get the best fare and also can we get an open return - most on-line sites don't allow that.
Perhaps we should consider Eva Air? What do you suggest.
What's the best routing do you think for the best price? Also, when should we buy it - I was thinking of October because prices usually drop but I'm reading that we might want to buy even earlier.
Thanks. This is my first post on FlyerTalk.
Springtime9

Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
If you haven't taken SQ before, then be prepared to be blown away by the service that you have constantly only heard about.

The Business Class seats are fabulous. The IFE will keep you busy throughout the flight, and the meals are great .. no tray type service.

You may of course try to "BOOK THE COOK" in ordering the main course you'd like in advance.

Check out the type of meal you can have from LAX, and you must then call SQ res to book it.

http://www.singaporeair.com/saa/en_U...?v=1665574731&

Don't ask any more questions on 'what to expect'.. and just enjoy!

PS - But do come back and post your how yoru trip went then !