FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - A different view of the Coupon Connection
Old Aug 5, 2009, 3:39 pm
Colin

I really don't see the problem at all and believe Randy's action to be an overreaction.

The issue of civility seems to be well under control by the moderators -- and no one would ever accuse Flyertalk moderators of being relucant to discipline.

The issue of becoming E-bay can be solved by banning all mention of cash, cash-equivalents, or any monetary valuations. Problem solved. What people do in the privacy of emails should be of no concern to anyone. I do understand that Randy has to maintain good relations with the airlines such that they do not perceive Randy as an enabler of program rule violations. My proposal here is quite sufficient I think to address that concern.

The issue of community and freebies need not be addressed in the Coupon Connection forum. Enjoy the community in the dozens and dozens of other boards. Surely the adults can have one measly forum for just a functional purpose.

Count me irked. Count me suspicious of only seeing positive postings in support of Randy's actions.

Coupon Connection is a benefit for loyal members. I have been on this board for nearly a decade and shared golden information of cheap business & first class deals that have enabled hundreds of people to enjoy once-in-a-lifetime trips (from my countless receipts of PMs of gratitude). I have shared my detailed experience on airports, connections, fare rules, cabin reviews, pricing rules, lounge access rules, and countless hidden bennies. I honestly believe this community is far better off because of my documented wisdom, but am now questioning whether this site respects my contributions.

I am rather irked at the unilateral action taken without notice by Randy. It is disrespectful to your loyal members, subscribers, and revenue enablers. In fact, the only thing more disrespectful would be for the next post to announce "Closed For Moderator Review".

Last edited by Colin; Aug 5, 2009 at 8:43 pm Reason: sp