FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Some people have no manners
View Single Post
Old Aug 4, 2009, 9:03 am
printingandbreakfast

I have been a long time lurker on Flyertalk and by my username you can all guess who I am.

Firstly, I do apologise profusely to the OP - Petrus for any inconvenience and discomfort I might've caused him this morning.

Actually I was sitting right next to him while he was typing this thread. I didn't want to confront him or say anything while there are others around.

I didn't mean to sneak and peak to his screen, but after a few "FU*K" uttered by the OP (I guess it is prob because he lost his post on a Marriott thread) I couldn't help and noticed he was logging onto Flyertalk at the same time.

The printing I did today was for my dissertation and it involved a lot of annual reports of companies. I deliberately printed 2 to a page and double sided to reduce the amount of paper and time used.

When I was there, there were no one else in the computer printing area. As the OP would've witnessed, when one of the BA staff needed to print something, I immediately cancelled my print queue and allowed the person to print straight away. I also apologised to that person waiting. I am by no means trying to hog the printer and treat it as my own.

I have suspended and cancelled my printing for at least 10 times this morning so others who needed access to printing can do so. At no time did I witness anyone waiting for more than 1-2 minutes (while the printer cancels my job and process theirs).

I am thankful that as part of my premium ticket BA does allow printing access for me, which would've saved me a lot of money. You can call me a freeloader etc... But you have no right to call me a scum. All I am trying to do is save a bit of money and as I had some time in the morning to burn in the lounge.

As for the stereotype of me being in the Mid 20s, I am really flattered. by the looks of your dresscode and your apperance (an A&F Blue shirt, slightly untucked) you don't seem to be that much older.

For the breakfast situation. I do apologised that I ate in the computer area, as I tried to get out of the lounge asap. I did recall I tried to be quite and didn't make much noise. So I am again sorry for disturbing you while you were browsing the internet.
I deliberately selected to back row of the computers to be discrete. When I was logged on, no one was there and by the time I came back with the food you just came in and sat there. Because I already logged on and have the files opened, so I couldn't relocate to another work station immediately. I should've paid more attention to people surrounding me.

Also I didn't realise you needed to use the printer, which didn't seem to be the case as I couldn't see other prints sent to the queue.

The breakfast was my first meal in 18 hours as I was on a Middle Eastern flight and I forgot it is a Sleeper Service.

For the record, just in case certain BA staffer here already accused me of "bit like 'let me grab as much of this free stuff as I can'" I had the following on my plate:

2 X Sausages, 2 X hashbrown, 1X Tomato, 4 pieces of solider bread, 1 spoon of scrambled eggs and 5 pieces of mushroom. I also had a 1.5 litre of Highland springs water with that.

I am really sorry if that is more than the normal allocated to a Club World passenger and I will take note next time of what I take from the buffet.

Once again I am really sorry for the trouble I caused today.