FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Travel to Pune?
Thread: Travel to Pune?
View Single Post
Old Aug 3, 2009, 9:54 am
anaggie

Programs: AA EXP/LT PLAT, Marriott Titanium/LT PLAT
Originally Posted by azj
I'm planning a return trip to India for the fall after having just visited this past Spring. My friends have moved to Pune recently and will likely visit them there.

Being so close to Mumbai, it seems air travel from BOM is relatively infrequent . While the flight times are reasonable (finally) they hardly connect with anything from the States, Europe or even SE Asia.

Would it be unheard of to fly into BOM and get a car hire service to Pune? It's about 80 miles from what I can tell and that seems like a reasonable drive. Especially since I hired a car from Delhi to Agra. I was thinking of flying into BOM and then driving to Pune and then just flying OUT of Pune.

Any ideas?
I do this leg all the time when I visit India. Sometimesa it is better to drive than to fly but getting out of Bombay to the expressway and getting into Pune is still very slow and bad.

If you want a name of the car hire company that is very good, PM me and I will send their infor to you. I use them all the time and they speak English and are very puctual.