FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Miles and More Credit Card question
View Single Post
Old Jul 31, 2009, 7:23 am
Shinigami

Programs: BA Gold, M&M, PC PlatAmb, Marriott, SPG
Miles and More Credit Card question

Currently have the Swiss Miles and More Gold combo card (Amex + Visa). I see that there's an upgrade possibility to Amex Platinum over here -> https://www.miles-and-more-cards.ch/e/cards/upgrade.php

My expenses are going up a fair bit, and my current Amex has a hard limit of around 8k chf, I'd like this limit to be higher and I was wondering if I could call M&M CC hotline to request this, or should I just plunk for the Platinum card instead, which I'm sure also has a higher limit anyway.

The Platinum card is enticing since I would get a welcome bonus of 10k miles (even if I change mid-year apparently), 2 miles for 2chf spent, and some other smaller advantages. But at 700chf a year, is a fair bit more expensive than the 300chf the Gold cards ask... I've heard of some who got the Platinum card cheaper, and occasionally I've seen some special offers of "20k miles" if you get a card, versus just 5k or 10k...

So as you're all a fair bit smarter than me, what would you do, when would you do it?

Thanks