FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 10K miles for 3 stays
View Single Post
Old Jul 29, 2009, 8:46 pm
Evan!

Programs: DL ♦M MM|HH♦|Marr Slvr|CO UA AA US|Pri Cub Plat|SPG|Avis 1st|Htz 5*
Originally Posted by dmodemd
I laugh because the cost to them of this promotion is more than the total revenue of the properties on the 3 night stays. But more so because the purpose of the promo is to try and get people to try the different brands to see .... presumably... how GOOD they are?!? When its having the opposite affect, at least on me, of reminding me how bad some of them are!

Im at the Wingate tonight and Hawthorne tomorrow which are nice but the Ramada last night was a little scary... my only other choices are Super 8, Days Inn, and Knights Inn which all have scary reviews too. I just need one more decent one but can't find it in this town (Allentown, PA)
Except for Wyndham mainline and Wingate I expect no consistency with WR hotels. Travelodge is the worst in my experience. I pulled up to a Knights Inn once in Atlanta and didn't even get out of the car. It was WAY too scary and I am pretty sure there was a prostitute soliciting from the second floor.

FYI, the Baymont in Fife, WA was not quite as good as the Wingates I have known but was just fine and I would stay there again. I don't know if Baymonts are consistent since this was my first time at one.