FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta In-flight meal/food service: The definitive thread — Archive
Old Jul 27, 2009, 8:46 am
Xcheckme

Programs: Delta DM/3MM / Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Are FAs allowed to eat the extra BOB meals after the first service? I just flew LAX-ATL and 5 minutes after the first service was complete, they each grabbed one and ran to their jumpseats all over the cabin to eat one. It sends an irritating message to pax that the crew can eat these meals for free but pax are forced to pay for them. I really think Elites should get 1-2 meal coupons with the drink coupons. Heck, wine is $7 anyway, it's only $1 more. Give me a few less wine coupons and give me some meal coupons.

I guess I can see the other side of it though with DL not knowing how many to stock and worrying about spoilage (which doesnt happen with alcohol).

It's probably similar to FAs eating FC meals after the initial service. What happens if a FC pax requests their meal halfway through the flight (if they were asleep for example)...what is the FA going to do? Say that they ate it?!
They are technically supposed to wait until after the complete service, at this point they can take what is left over. The real problem with this is that DL doesn't provide them with crew meals. Imagine a rotation that requires them to fly LAX-ATL-BOS with a 7 am departure at LAX and 1 hour in ATL.
FA's will have to check in at 6 am for the 7 am departure, i.e. their hotel won't have breakfast that early and barely enough time at ATL to go to their next flight - so no time to get any food other than what they happen to bring with them.
Not that this makes it ok but just looking at it from their pov.