FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta In-flight meal/food service: The definitive thread — Archive
Old Jul 26, 2009, 8:41 pm
keepdeltaflying

Programs: Hilton HHonors, Delta SkyMiles, United OnePass, American AAdvantage, National Emerald Club
FAs eating extra FC meals

SkyTeam77 - The DL FAs seem to be much more discrete about chowing down on the extra FC meals. Each time I fly NWA the flight attendants turn the serving carts into a trough once they finish serving (and before they pick up the food you've eaten). On my last Detroit-LA flight I literally had to ask the NWA FAs to move the cart they were eating off of so that I could use the first class bathroom. Maybe there's a connection between this and the size 18 red dress issue. It is pretty tacky to see the FAs hauling individual trays through First and Coach to the crew in the back and just kind of gross to see them pigging out in the FC galley.

I'm also praying that DL gets rid of NWA's cart service in domestic First. The ice holders seriously look like two gray bedpans attached to the cart and I think the cart cheapens the overall experience. The FAs should prep the trays in the galley and deliver each tray individually.