FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Embarrassing panic attack on a Embraer RJ145
Old Jul 23, 2009, 11:11 pm
N830MH
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by Omyai
OP,

I empathize. I have been flying for years in all sorts of aircraft. However, over the past 10 years my travel is primarily transpac and wide body. Coincidentally, I have increased my trancon flights with the (unfortunately) frequent RJ segments.

About 2 years ago I had my first anxiety attack on a regional jet. If I could have gotten off, I would have. The "event" happens as I sit in my seat and the rest of the passengers board. As the boarding passengers back up next to me due to struggles with carry-on luggage, I develop this accelerating sense of confinement. It is particularly unbearable if the outside temp is warm and/or high humidity exists. As a result, I will no longer book flights with regional jet segments
I'm sorry to hear that. Since you are no loinger flying on Regional Jet anymore. So you will try to do something else for flying large jet for which the equipment is 757, A320/A319 or whatever where you will flying on. So unfortunately, that you wasn't feels too well. You will try to get some rest at home to get feel better. You should have go to see your doctor to figuriing it out something is wrong with you. Do you have any case of emergency with your relatives. Do you have any previously diagnosed all of your life?