FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SN "Privilege" FFP ending Oct 24, 2009 - no more AA miles
Old Jul 23, 2009, 7:10 pm
billgrates3

Programs: AA EXP 3.4MM, BAEC, UAMP, Skyteam (<10k) HH Gold, IHG Plat, Hertz Gold, GE/TSA TT
EDITED: SN "Privilege" FFP ending Oct 24, 2009 - no more AA miles?

This is possibly bad news, in particular to those of us who have flown AA/SN codeshares BRU to/from African destinations.

I originally thought that the email I received from SN meant "No more AA codeshares after 24-Oct.09", however, I suspect that, while that may happen eventually due to SN becoming part of LH, for now AA codeshares will continue to exist after Oct.24th.

If those codeshares were to go away, my colleagues who are OW elites and I might never again attain EXP status, and maybe not even PLT (sobbing quietly in background). We have been counting on the 20k EQMs that we have been getting for our frequent trips from SFO to African destinations. (We work for an NGO that provides technical advice, training and equipment for internet access and computing to clinics and schools, using small business partners in rural areas) I will be 2MM PLT soon, so it doesn't affect me as much, but several of my colleagues may switch to *A or Skyteam if the AA-SN partnership were to end.

The following from the privilege email list on 7/23:

Privilege to end partnerships on
October 24, 2009

Dear Mr. Grates3,

Reflecting our integration into Lufthansa's 'Miles & More' program from the end of October, Privilege will be ending all partnerships with ground and air partners on October 24, 2009. These include:

Ground partners Ground partners Air partners
American Express Membership Rewards Point Plus Delhaize American Airlines
Avis Privilege Wine Club British Airways
Chic Outlet Shopping Villages Proximus Etihad
Europcar Sixt Finnair
Hertz Sky Shops Hainan
Hilton The Economist Jet Airways
InterContinental Hotels Group The Rezidor Hotel Group Malmö Aviation
Language Direct Travelling Connect
Marriott International Inc. World Hotels
Mobistar

Collect miles with partners up to and including October 24, 2009

You can collect miles with all the above partners up to and including October 24, 2009. From that date you'll then have until April 24, 2010 to claim any 'missing miles' not credited to your account.

Yours sincerely,

The Privilege Team

Last edited by billgrates3; Jul 25, 2009 at 10:59 am