FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Embarrassing panic attack on a Embraer RJ145
Old Jul 22, 2009, 2:32 pm
pinkcat

Programs: Demoted to gold, Cats protection
Originally Posted by kevincrumbs
I have a version of this problem as well. I'm fine when we're in the air as I know I can always get up, walk around and crucially, use the restroom. However, when we're stuck on the ground, sometimes I can feel like I'm about to explode due to a (false) need to urinate.

However my two recent ORD-DAY and DAY-ORD flights on UX compounded the problem as turbulence was so bad that the seat belt sign stayed on the whole time, making me feel even more trapped.

I'm thinking this stems from an EMB-120 PDX-SEA flight a couple of years ago where I did have a very real need to use the restroom and almost didn't make it in time. Would not have been fun to do SEA-ICN-HKG in a pair of wet jeans.

As for the OP, I think this thread shows you that feeling panicked or claustrophobic is not as uncommon as it may seem, even on a place like FT where we're all seemingly jet setters. Good luck.
I have similar, I think its a nervous tick, the rest of the family think its hilarious, I can go 3 times before take off for a TATL flight then fine for the rest of the flight once my mind is off it. I think mine stems from being a teacher and having to wait from 8.35 to 12.20 some days