FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping
Old Jul 21, 2009, 10:56 am
Carl Johnson

Programs: Delta TDK(or care)WIA, Hilton Diamond
You know you buy too many coins when. . .

Originally Posted by FSU
I think I may need professional help. The "Presidential Coins" addiction seems to worse than any other. It started simply enough, order some coins get a few miles. Then of course it became, lets order a few more and more. Then its up to 5000 at a time. I am excited at the ordering process, elated when the order ships, slightly let down when the package arrives, agitated when I have to unroll all the coins for my bank. Then comes the shame of dropping the coins off at the bank. The unapproving looks by the bank tellers, holding up the line for the other customers, questions from the branch manager. I try to go to different branches hiding my addiction. I swear that this time is the last time. It just isn't worth it. No more.

Then I hear the call "its me, US MINT.GOV, come and visit for a while, you don't have to buy anything." Well it can't hurt to just look right? So I stop by for awhile. Oh, no more limits on order size? I can get 99 boxes at once? Well I don't need THAT many. Maybe just $10,000 just one last time. I wont even tell the family this time. They are very worried about me anyway. I have told them I can control myself, that I can stop at any time. I will have to hide the marks on my arms from carrying the boxes in. The marks on my fingers from unrolling the coins. Its OK, this will be the last time.
You know you are buying too many coins when. . .

You look at your credit card summary after making a $5000 payment and neither your balance nor your available credit has changed. Your payment went through but at the same time your order that just shipped was billed, and the authorization went through for the order after that.