FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Regency Vancouver - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Jul 20, 2009, 8:56 am
uncertaintraveler

Spent a few days at the hotel last week. Very busy hotel--I'm guessing at least half of those staying were in transit to/from an Alaskan cruise. Hotel is excellently located. You are within a block or two of pretty much anywhere you want or need to be, or to any transit hub.

Room was slightly small (I have no status with Hyatt). Bathroom was tiny, especially coming from the GH Seattle (where the bathrooms are huge). Bed was firm. View was of Burrard street and the Fairmont hotel. Had a low-level room (Floor 9). No complaints, really, especially given that my rate was $153 or so CAD. Had no trouble checking in at noon or thereabouts.

As others have noted, hotel is connected to the Royal Centre, which houses a (very busy) Tim Hortons, a drug store, and assorted other stores (including a McDonalds for those so inclined). It also seems to be connected to the Burrard skytrain station, although I never confirmed this.

All in all, I'd stay there again.

Last edited by uncertaintraveler; Jul 20, 2009 at 9:09 am