FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta Q&A Meeting with Execs - NOTES
View Single Post
Old Jul 14, 2009, 10:04 pm
syrwhizzy

Programs: DL Diamond 1+MM / HH Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by atldlff
Just as a point of clarification here. The quote you are responding to, was NOT what was said. There were a lot of others at that session, so if I have misstated this, I am sure others will correct me.

The Delta team at the Q&A never actually indicated that they toss anything out. What they said was, it was helpful to post problems that have specifics so that they can respond to it or take action. Posts like "the service sucks" without any specifics to back that that up, are, what I would call, judgment statements and I suspect those would not be responded to.

Now, with that said, it looks like you did have a specific problem that should have gotten a timely reply, and I can't explain why you haven't received a response from Delta. Everytime I have sent an on-line request to Delta I have gotten a response within days, if not within hours.
Thanks for the clarification. Well, maybe they're just really slow... maybe it's on Richard's desk awaiting action! (haha)

I too have found the website and mail responses to be, well, responsive. In April, I complained via Delta channels about the US Bank Visa issue, and the AMEX issues and suggestions. I got very timely replies (and even a phone call to reply back to my letter of which one of Richard Anderson's "assistants" spoke with me at great length on the transition).

It's been eerily silent on this one. Maybe I've used up my quota on complaints. Or, maybe I'm just too impatient. I mean, it's been 15 days.

Just for grins, I checked on my "bag status"... which I haven't done since July 1. The flight was on June 18th, so its been almost a month with it being the 15th now.

I'm so glad my bag got to me. I'm not so glad that they still have no idea it got to me, and that's even after sending them a letter on July 1 telling them of this (and other) related problems with travelling that day.

Baggage Status & Delivery Information
Bag Tag NumberL*******
Status: Your bag has arrived at the New York-Kennedy, NY (JFK) airport.

If this isn't your final destination, we'll forward your bag ASAP. If this is your final stop, we'll do everything we can to deliver within the next 12 hours. Keep in mind, during peak travel periods or bad weather, it may take longer. Please check back again for the date and time of your delivery.