FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Question about Fare Class Availability
View Single Post
Old Jul 14, 2009, 12:36 pm
Blumie
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
Originally Posted by family friend
I am sorry sir but I do know how many unsold seats are on that flight. I never said I used or relied upon the seatmap. There are other methods to finding out this information.
And yes, I do not know the historical buying patterns, that is at the center of what I am trying to figure out from everyone here, basically if anyone has experience. Thank you very much for your helpful information.
I simply asked an AA employee and they informed me how many seats were on the plane and how many were booked (that number may have changed). I am aware of the limitations of EF and seatmaps, that is why my question fell oustide the purview of both databases and I turned to anecdotal rather than statistical means of arriving at a conclusion.
No, I do not think that those numbers are additive.
Thank you for the advice, I do believe that is precisely the type of information for which I am searching and is generally very helpful. I think the problem is that a few days ago I saw some G class inventory open up and am now hopeful that it would happen again.
And it appears that I made a mistake in adding only the available coach and business seats, disregarding first class. My apologies.
You seem to know a lot, but one thing you don't know is how to "muti-quote" on FlyerTalk!