FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Suggestions for improvement to CDG operations
Old Jul 13, 2009, 4:17 am
JOUY31
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by Simon78300
Do you get treated in a gratuitously derogatory fashion by the airline and/or airport staff at LHR T1/T2/T3, MUC T1, WAW, HAM, GOT, MAD, MXP, LIN,..........all unrenovated (or at least not the "latest high tech" terminals?

That's yet to happen to me outside CDG.
I have had a rather limited experience in my travels of these gratuitously derogatory comments. So, I am not sure my experience is representative.

The most irritating one, as I have encountered it several times is the locally employed AFSL staff in LHR. I have seen some critical comments about staff employed at CDG on the basis of diversity; well it certainly applies to some of the AFSL staff who look down upon you when addressed in French (this is the only AF station where this happens to me) and resent being corrected. Staff at CDG are, in comparison, exquisite .

No problem at CDG, except once, when I was, admittedly, at fault and a little bit frantic.

Minor problems at GRZ, LHR, BCN, nothing worth mentioning. One really unpleasant encounter with AZ or AZ contracted staff for an unscheduled overnight in MXP.

Last edited by JOUY31; Jul 13, 2009 at 10:12 am