FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LAS Experiences
Thread: LAS Experiences
View Single Post
Old Jul 13, 2009, 1:25 am
jackal
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by Train
I was going to use a LAS Thrifty reservation as a back-up (Alamo with a questionable code is cheaper). However, I noticed the Thrifty Terms & Conditions state 'a one day charge for no show unless cancelled 24 hours prior to pick up', making my Thrifty reservation not much of a backup.

Anyone ever been charged the one-day penalty by Thrifty?
I assume you're referring to this line:

Credit card guaranty on advance reservations and one day charge for no show unless cancelled 24 hours prior to pick up. No one way offered with the rental. Driving restricted to the continental United State.
(sic...they should pay a copyeditor to go through and fix all these...)

Given that the site doesn't ask for your credit card information for any of the vehicle classes I selected (economy, SUV, and premium), it's kind of hard for them to charge you for a no-show.

I would interpret the above T&C line to mean that "on vehicles which require a credit card guarantee, you will be charged for a no-show unless your reservation is canceled 24 hours prior to pick-up." Since the basic vehicles don't require a credit card guarantee, this T&C line doesn't come into play. Usually if you have to give your card information, that's a flag that you may be charged for a no-show. (It probably does apply to the Style Series rentals, which are their luxury vehicles and do require a credit card guarantee IIRC.)