FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Financial Review discussion [2009-2013]
View Single Post
Old Jul 13, 2009, 1:14 am
gum

Programs: LH Blue, BA Blue, Hyatt Gold
Your call for boycott is no solution...

Originally Posted by platinumPizza
Its not a scam I thought the same thing.

EDIT: I will also stop accepting it in all my stores.
I think this is a very unusual and unfair call for a boycott. If you would call for a boycott for everey company in which a member of staff makes a failure then the markets would soon be empty of many companies.

Just think about seriously what happened first and then later:
1.) Anywhere (I Don't know exactly where) sits a Credit or Risk Manager and watches the faltering economy in many business field in which many things don't be sure anymore. Prices are going down in many fields as consulting, webdesign, translating services and banking.
So what to do ? Just watch out the high risk and the -I would call- high turnovers. Because with a right decision there you can manage a risk equivalent to many average customers. ^
2.) You were disappointed by their decision not to change the colour of your card. Not more and not less. And then acted very unfriendly to that company which made a decision according to THEIR RULES and THEIR TERMS AND OCNTRACTS. And it is no right of a customer to get a specific card with a specific colour.

So I can understand what the risk manager does and how he tries to cope with the actual situation. That he/them make some faulty decisions is naturally true in that kind of business.

And naturally their alarm bells begin ringing when a customer is overcriticizing them for a decision which has nearly no impact on your business - like which colour your card has.

So if I would be customer and you would decline my Amex I will just go away - from your business and not from Amex.

P.S.: If one more time one may ask: Im not working for Amex corp but only a fan of their credit card due to nearly a decade of good service withut any interruptions and one fast help in a case of a phishing attack.

Last edited by gum; Jul 13, 2009 at 1:28 am