FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - St Regis Beijing [Master Thread]
View Single Post
Old Jul 11, 2009, 1:45 pm
wma

Programs: AA, HH, Marriott Titanium Elite
Statesman Suite

We just came back from Beijing and a 5 night stay at the St. Regis. We were upgraded to the Statesman Suite prior to our arrival. The suite was very nice. The bed was quite comfortable and the airconditioning was spot on. I particularly liked the bathroom. The automatic toilet was a breath of fresh air when compared to non western toilets at many tourist sites.
The shower was awesome. You were able to have the right amount of pressure - temperature, and switch from overhead to hand held easily.
I liked when I told housekeeping of extras I needed and they were there every day. The service in the hotel was great.
Breakfast had an excellent assortment of different food types. I particularly liked the variety of cheeses every day.

We found two issues though.
1- Many taxi driver's did not know where the hotel was. We had a card with the hotel name and address in Chinese but they still didn't know the hotel.
2. Their was one concierge whose English was excellent but for the most part several of the concierge's understanding of English was marginal. This meant getting directions difficult.

All in all the stay was great and I'd highly recommend the St. Regis in Beijing.