FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton Amsterdam {NLD}
View Single Post
Old Dec 6, 2002, 6:46 pm
satori

Programs: Affiliated with all, participate in some
I think the John and Yoko suite is room 702. I know I had the suite below it last Christmas when there was a party happening above us.

I doubt you can get it on an award as I remember one time hearing it goes for 1000/night. (Maybe that was rack rate?)

The Executive Lounge is on the 10th floor, although I have never had a room on that floor in my stays. The hotel is set up with junior suites (best views of the city) on the north side corners(odd # rooms on north) and larger suites with balconies (view is more of the business district and plane arrivals to Schipol) on the south side corners (even number rooms).

The Executive lounge is open in the evening from 5-10PM. Nice views, but only a couple of couches and the rest of the seats are small rectangular tables with chairs. It is nice for a 30-40 minute visit, but I don't find it an inviting environment for hanging out; a bit too staid. The staff are nice. I generally stop in for a drink and snack before heading into town for a little more excitement.

[This message has been edited by satori (edited 12-06-2002).]