View Single Post
Old Jul 8, 09, 12:13 pm
family friend

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plt, Hertz President's Circle, Virgin Atlantic Flying Club Gold
Originally Posted by SAN-man View Post
Most likely, this isn't going to work. The overnight probably means that it really isn't a roundtrip fare. The first thing you'll need to check is the fare rules for the itinerary you want, assuming you found it using the multi-city option. Put the whole trip together, and then view the fare rules. If you see 3 different fare basis codes (JFK-LAX, LAX-SFO, and then SFO-JFK), it definitely won't work.

If it's just a regular roundtrip fare, then your next problem is going to be trying to figure out how to get the LAX overnight itinerary to show up in a normal search (either price + schedule or search by schedule), which also isn't likely. But, as you've likely seen, there's no place to enter the code when using multi-city.
Thank you for your assistance. is there no way to get the JFK-LAX-SFO show up? I have tried many ways without success. The odd thing is I seem to very clearly remember seeing overnight stopovers on certain itineraries when I was not looking for them.