FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Westin Miyako, Kyoto, Japan [Master Thread]
Old Jul 6, 2009, 7:44 am
RTWSTARALLIANCE

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
Voucher from WEC for breakfast.

Persons entitled to Executive Lounge will be given a light cream color voucher for each registered person per day for use in the restaurant noted for breakfast. The voucher states meal to be taken 6:30 to 10:00 and must be signed. My friend still reports the Hotel hopes to reopen the Lounge for full services in mid-August 2009. At this time paying reservations on the Executive floors do not justify the Lounge being staffed/stocked for a full breakfast. My friend will return in early September and her hope is that breakfast on 2 is at least a option. She enjoyed it much more than the WEC. The Japanese breakfast offering was extensive. None of this should keep any of us from visiting this Hotel. The only other property "foreign" in Kyoto is the Hyatt and it has never had a Lounge. Mind you it is also a great hotel.

My friend loved the okonomiyaki (spelling) restuarant/stand she found less than 3 minutes from the hotel across the street. They cook fresh a variety of dishes.

A a P my friend enjoyed one week in a Luxury Suite.