FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated "Hilton Grand Vacations Club- experiences, questions, worth it?" thread
Old Oct 28, 2002, 4:19 pm
Jet2K

Programs: HH Silver, SPG Gold, PC Plat, IC Royal Ambassador, UA 1K, Founder www.SeatExpert.com , CO Platinum
Since you are from NY, I wonder whether you are considering the HGVC at New York Hilton on 6th Ave? The sales pitch given to me a couple months back were that the ownership is only for 30 years, and not for life. They also are willing to give lifetime Diamond HHonors status.

I also stayed at the Orlando HGVC earlier this month. For $69 a night I got a studio unit. It seems that the have been running this special rate repeatedly.

Can you let me know what are the monthly fixed expenses, in additonal to the payment on the purchase price? I am interested to find out:

- Monthly maintenance/dues
- Annual membership fee (if any)
- Cost to actually exchange

I do not remember the specifics of the pitch in New York City, but vaguely recall that the various cost adds up to about $30-50 dollars a night of my timeshare. With the internet and the ability to easily price different hotel stays, it seems that there is not much financial reason to lock myself into a time share, and forgot the yearly 50K bonus HHonors promotion.

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by arawal:
I am a Hilton HH Diamond and was interested in becoming a HGVC member. IS anyone here a member? Basically the deal is that you get 7000 HGVC points a year which you can use towards staying at a Hilton GVC - it comes up to a upto 5 weeks a year. OR you can convert those points to 161,000 HH points a year. And THIS IS FOR LIFE - actually it's more than for life - you get a deed which you can sell off to someone else (does anyone know where I can buy one cheaper) or pass on to your family.

The cost is about $21,000 - but the benefits are for life. Also, you get Lifetime Silver Elite Status. However since I am a Diamond, she says she will TRY and see if she can get me LifeTime Gold and 280,000 enrollment HH points. That alone is worth quite a bit.

But $21,000 is a lot of money... but I am 25 so I figure I should have some years to use it. what do you guys think? Has anyone ever done it? Is it worth it? I really would appreciate all the help possible.

Thanks!

[This message has been edited by arawal (edited 10-28-2002).]
</font>