FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton Atlanta Airport {US-GA}
View Single Post
Old Oct 11, 2002, 11:15 pm
obscure2k
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

--Russ Hawkins is a good guy trying to make a difference. Aids, has the potential to affect all of us; be it as patients, spouses, lovers, care-takers, parents or colleagues. Frankly, I find thisHilton auction a little confusing, but I do know that this gentleman who has been so relevent and unselfish in his committment to FT is leading the fund-raising efforts for the AidsWalkAtl. I encourage all Hilton loyalists to go to the AidsWalkAtl home page and show your support for Russell Hawkins. Many will be showing their support on 10/20 in various cities. It makes little difference if you have formerly committed to another venue. This year, so many Flyertalkers are shifting their donations to Atlanta. A way to say thank you to a true friend of FT and the embodiment and spirit of the FT community. Russ' initial goal was to raise $1000.00. He has now raised in excess of $4000.00. This is a tribute to his fine contribution to the FT Board; those who appreciate his contribution; and, for, many of us, a way to acknowledge that the war onAids is far from over and we must support research and those who are willing to walk 10K to continue this ongoing fight. Thanks, Russ, for leading the charge. P.S. I can write, a little, but am helpless at links. So, please, good-hearted souls on this forum, insert the appropriate link to Russ' pledge page on the AidsWalkAtl. Thanks for supporting a friend of Delta,. Hilton and participating in making a difference. At the end of the day, it really is about taking care of others.