FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton Atlanta Airport {US-GA}
View Single Post
Old Oct 11, 2002, 12:06 pm
Russ21Atl

Programs: Delta SkyMiles, Hilton HHonors Gold, SPG Gold & Avis First
Arrow Hilton Atlanta Airport {US-GA}

I posted this is the DL board (where I'm a little more comfortable w/ the regulars), but thought I'd get a little more exposure here on the Hilton board too- since it's a Hilton thing too.

The Hilton Atlanta Airport & Towers was so nice to donate a gift certificate (good for 2 night's room and tax) for their hotel. The money earned for the cert through a "FT Auction" will go towards my 2002 Atlanta AIDS Walk fund.

I'm still getting specifics from the general manager at the property, but this location runs for $70-100/night (hilton.com reservation rate); so I'm hoping to get a good bid on the prize.

I know its crunch time b/c the Walk is only 9 days away- but an online donation can be made up to a day before the walk; so I'm sure we'll have this thing won by then!

Does this sound like something that would work? People interested in the cert could e-mail me their bid amount, and after a specified period of time, the window would be closed, and the highest bidder will win the cert. The winner's bid amount would then be donated through my AIDS Walk Donation Page and the cert would be mailed to them.

Specifics I don't know about the cert are:
*Can you still accure Hilton pts?
*Can you upgrade? (Many of you are Hilton VIPs (thx AAGU and CNTU etc))
*The cert's expiration date?

As soon as I get these answers, I'll post them.

If you have Qs, please feel free to e-mail me at [email protected]

OK..there ya go. I'm excited, and a big thank you to Adam Burke @ Hilton for helping me contact the right people!

[This message has been edited by Russ21Atl (edited 10-11-2002).]