FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Regency Montreal REVIEW - MASTER THREAD (leaving 12/18/18 - Doubletree)
Old Jun 30, 2009, 10:20 pm
NBSPGMEMBER

Programs: Bonvoy Platinum & LFT Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Silver, Airmiles Onyx, Aeroplan, Avis President's Club
Worst hotel in a long time...

I usually don't stay at Hyatt properties. I had high expectations from the Hyatt brand and always thought they were a great luxury chain, maybe I just got the worst Hyatt in their portefolio. Staff was awful, indifferent and arrogant. Got a room which was dirty, complete with spiders and cobwebs! Went downstairs and a snobby man at the front desk was annoyed that I wanted another room. This room was not much better, it was stylish as with most Hyatts, but it was starting to show its age. The bathroom was not clean; the floor was dirty, shower tiles moldy, shower curtain moldy too, hair from previous guest(s), just gross. The business centre was closed because of the infamous Baton Rouge restaurant fire downstairs (wasn't that like a couple of months ago?), parking situation is complicated for nothing. I'm used to the Marriott cleanliness & service, so this is not a good impression of Hyatt at all. Will not be staying here the next time I'm in Montréal.

Last edited by NBSPGMEMBER; Jul 1, 2009 at 12:37 pm