FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta Q&A Meeting with Execs - NOTES
View Single Post
Old Jun 29, 2009, 8:21 pm
Surge2009

Originally Posted by EasternTraveler
I really cannot believe how many people are out for blood. If you were not at the event then you are NOT going to get all of the details that were available at the event. As Jeff and others said "We are not going to publicly comment on many things that we would like to due to legal and policy reasons." What they discussed with us was for our group. Flyer Talk is a public forum and is read by many, including the press. It would be wrong for us to release any references or inuindo given at the event.
Honestly Eastern Traveller, with all due respect and sincerity, get a grip. This event was not a secret White House briefing with Chinese officials on North Korean policy. This was a public (invite only - however still considered a public) event sponsored by Delta to spread information throughout this forum. If you honestly believe that you were given secret information that they dont want passed out, or did not expect you guys to relay information on here, than you are either full of yourself or out of touch with reality (again, I'm not saying this out of spite or to be mean - but re-read what you said and consider what is going through the minds of most level headed people on here that read your response - I think you're posting was a little extreme). Delta knows this group is part of a PUBLIC widely read internet forum - they wouldnt hold a meeting with FT to discuss private information...they arent stupid.

It's completely your perogative if you dont want to share what was said or relay some of your inferences - but you are doing so because you are chosing not to share - not because this information is classified or because it is not meant to be shared (because that, in all likelihood, is not the case).

I was surprised that some actually came to the event that don't even fly DL or NW. I am not surprised at human nature. Some came with an agenda, DL treated them with the utmost respect and spent several hundred dollars on each and every one of us who attended. If they go back and bad mouth, that is them.
This almost infers that people should not offer criticism just because delta spent $$$ on them for this event. Isnt that essentially bribery? And if this is the way you feel - how objective are you really if you plan on being swayed because a company pays for a good meal?

Most of us understand business and understand what they are doing. Is everyone going to be happy? No!
But thats the problem - most of us do understand business and see gaping holes where Delta is clearly mis-informed and going down the wrong path. Their new "fees for everything" structure is going to kill the "new delta" faster than ever. Some fees are justified - others are not and are simply being done out of greed and their return on charges these fees will be at a much higher expense. And many of us are tired of being told that the merger is a positive thing for most/all customers - because in actuality, its not! For Delta, yes it is. But as it stands, we've seen no fare decreases nor any new services that have arised as a result of the merger (since pre-merger, Delta and NWA were already code-sharing and working together already). Instead, NWA customers have seen their fares increase, fees increase, watched their miles become slightly more worthless with the award ticket fees, seen the food/bevereage selection drop significantly, seen decreases in customer service levels, etc. Delta has yet to provide any proof that this merger has been postive for most customers as of yet. Parading FA's around with their "fabulous new uniforms" hardly justifies calling the merger a success.