FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta Q&A Meeting with Execs - NOTES
View Single Post
Old Jun 29, 2009, 8:00 pm
avidflyer
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United1K, AA ExPlAAt, DL MM/Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by EasternTraveler
I really cannot believe how many people are out for blood. If you were not at the event then you are NOT going to get all of the details that were available at the event. As Jeff and others said "We are not going to publicly comment on many things that we would like to due to legal and policy reasons." What they discussed with us was for our group. Flyer Talk is a public forum and is read by many, including the press. It would be wrong for us to release any references or inuindo given at the event.

I was surprised that some actually came to the event that don't even fly DL or NW. I am not surprised at human nature. Some came with an agenda, DL treated them with the utmost respect and spent several hundred dollars on each and every one of us who attended. If they go back and bad mouth, that is them. Most of us understand business and understand what they are doing. Is everyone going to be happy? No! But I am glad they charge a fee when someone changes or cancels an award ticket. We get the appropriate waivers and if anyone abuses that, they should pay. One thing that everyone should have gotten out of the event is this:

Delta reads every post on multiple blogs, websites, etc... and the ones that contain enough information and details to investigate, they investigate. The ones that are a rant "They have a good laugh at and toss."

The above also applies to mistakes, error fares, bonus work arounds, etc.
So if you don't want them to know.......... don't post it!

I don't think Josh would mind me quoting this:

"We will convert to a new system soon, but when we do it will be a state of the art system. A complete overhaul, not an upgrade or patch.
I did not know flying NW or DL was a requirement. If you are saying it was then that changes the whole complexion of the event. Kind of creepy in a Borg-like way actually.

As for the public info: With all due respect, do you REALLY think they are telling just YOU? You are somebody who gives them money and they want to ensure you keep doing that. Don't get me wrong, it is a win/win but they are not disclosing confidential info to you, trust me in that....in-fact they want it to get out because it is great PR to have a customers who care enough to spend their time and money to try and save the FF program.