FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta Q&A Meeting with Execs - NOTES
View Single Post
Old Jun 29, 2009, 7:26 pm
EchoVictor

Programs: Delta DM, AA EXP, SPG Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by EasternTraveler
I really cannot believe how many people are out for blood. If you were not at the event then you are NOT going to get all of the details that were available at the event. As Jeff and others said "We are not going to publicly comment on many things that we would like to due to legal and policy reasons." What they discussed with us was for our group. Flyer Talk is a public forum and is read by many, including the press. It would be wrong for us to release any references or inuindo given at the event.
Honestly no offense intended in saying this, but I think you are overstating in a self-important sort of way the nature of the FT / Delta meeting. As someone who works in the intersection of public/private information with press and investors, I can assure you that Delta management assumed and probably intended for everything communicated at that event to become public. None of it was material or inside information in any significant sense -- otherwise you would have been required to sign a non-disclosure agreement. Everything Jeff etc told you thus is public information, by definition. And by the way, try reading analyst reports -- analysts routinely attend meetings with top management and also routinely make assumptions based on body language and tone, and they report this in research notes that are widely available.

In fact, if I were Delta management I would have assumed that one of my competitor's employees would have signed up to attend the event for competitive research purposes. The meeting's largest purposes were probably as a focus group and as a means of disseminating information to an important larger community (the online FT group)... with the secondary benefit of making some VIP and loyal customers happy by giving them access and attention.