FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta Q&A Meeting with Execs - NOTES
View Single Post
Old Jun 29, 2009, 12:46 pm
me4yankees

Programs: DL Silver, UA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Silver, IHG Plat, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by ADLFO
They get it, I can assure you, they get it. Do they have the same frustrations we have? No, but from their end, I can tell you I heard the frustration in their voices. Josh did a great job and injected an appropriate amount of humor into the discussion, but bottom line, he gets it.

Jeff used the word BROKEN (in all caps) when referring to PMUs, but it became apparent to me over the course of the discussion that Deltamatic is even more BROKEN. The trouble isn't in realizing the issues, I believe they truely do understand the major ones, but more that they have not yet discovered a cost effective and cost efficient way to fix the IT problems at DL. If the solution isn't affordable, then it really isn't a solution.
I got the same impression/feeling. They get it, they just have not figured out a way to cost effectively fix it all.

I also got the impression that if we had individual issues or problems, we could contact them directly. Josh seemed especially interested in knowing about specific web glitches and to send them to him with the specific details, so he could perhaps get someone at DL to try the same transaction, so they could see it on their end and try to fix it.

As to my notes, I copied as much from the slides as possible, word-for-word, and kept the style/emphasis, such all caps or quotes, if something was written that way. So about 95% of what I posted was written in their words/style, not mine.