View Single Post
Old Jun 28, 09, 7:41 pm
thepla
Original Member

Location: Highland PArk,IL,USA -- AA Lifetime Platinum, Starwood Lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Club Carlson Gold, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Gargoyle View Post

As to the change fees, they wanted to get rid of those, till they saw the numbers. Those fees generate a huge amount of money for DL, the biggest chunk of the $160M that me4yankees refers to. If they eliminated that income, they'd have to balance with lots of other changes to make up the difference, and, as mentioned, that isn't in the top 10 of concerns in customer surveys. It's only a very small percentage of customers who make multiple changes to award itins.
I don't understand the math. There are few people who make changes to award itins but at $50 a crack that equals $160million. This is either a blatant lie or they are including the redeposit fee.

OR... Maybe they are counting the salaries of the people they can RIF due to not having to answer the phones.

I have not seen anyone complain about a fee to redeposit, there are 40,000 that do not even cancel before the flight, who knows how many do cancel prior to the actual flight.

I can only speak for myself, they have lost many thousands of dollars from my flying and people I've already pulled that travel with me... All for a silly 5 or 6 $50 change fees.

They are jumping over a dollar to pick up a dime.