FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Oregon, USA {US-OR}
Old Aug 7, 02, 12:17 am
LLM
FlyerTalk Evangelist

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by 2bgrounded:
I have wished Hilton would open a Bend area hotel and see that there now is a Hampton Inn with rates under $100.
Would be interested in reports on this Hampton.
</font>
Littleleaguedad and I stayed at the Bend Hampton Inn Saturday night in a king study room. Yech! We left the Portland Westin en route my husbands' family reunion in Sunriver for this place??? Looked like a re-branded Motel Podunk. $94 vs $119 for the Westin with heavenly bed, bath, internet, etc. I've only stayed in nice suburban Hamptons and was expecting the same. Ha! This one had outside hallways, teensy baths with a sink in the bedroom, no closet (just an inadequate armoire), internet plugs into the back of the phone, no fitness room - just certs to Golds Gym which wasn't open. Nice staff, OK beds and breakfast, got the "Hampton Touch." It wasn't their fault that it was ICY COLD OUTDOORS and the air reeked of forest fire. We moved on to the Sunriver Hotel (also a mediocre rip-off) where the temp later hit 33F. Have never been so glad to go home. Even my wacko in-laws agreed that our next reunion would be in Maui.