FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Oregon, USA {US-OR}
Old Aug 5, 02, 9:40 pm
cethen

I can’t vouch for the new Hilton Towers, but I have stayed at the Portland Hilton both on the company’s dime and via Priceline, and can’t complain at all. Have been upgraded and provided cocktail vouchers and breakfast both times, with no questions asked.

When downtown, I prefer the Downtown Embassy Suites, which is the beautifully refurbished Multnomah Hotel. Each time I’ve been upgraded to a suite somewhat larger than my first apartment; and with the welcome amenity, the breakfast and manager’s cocktail hour, I have never been disappointed. Of the other two area ES’s, the newest is near PDX and the other is next door to Washington Square Shopping Center in nearby Tigard. Both have proven to be solid and reliable properties. Again, no complaints.

I’ve also stayed at the HGI in Lake Oswego, near the intersection of I-5 and Hwy 217, a couple of times. This property is pretty much a standard HGI, but is fairly new, has a nice location just off the freeway, and is especially convenient to West Portland, Beaverton and Tigard.

Further south on I-5, the Eugene, OR Hilton is located adjacent to the downtown Hult Center for the Performing Arts. It is also a very nice property, with a friendly executive lounge. You are forewarned—it can get pretty crazy there, as well as the rest of the city, on Saturdays during college football season. There are plenty of things to do downtown, some great restaurants, and the quirky 5th St. Public Market is within walking distance. You can rent bikes nearby (Eugene is home to one of the country’s best system of bike trails) and ride along both sides of the Willamette River, as well as to the University of Oregon. The Eugene Hilton is one of our favorite weekend “get aways.”

Now if Hilton only had some properties along the Oregon Coast…