FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Westin Tampa Harbour Island (downtown) [Master Thread]
Old Jun 23, 2009, 10:29 am
BlissWorld
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Wouldn't you like to know?!
Originally Posted by berlinflyer
Just to make things clearer: I will be staying at The Westin Tampa Bay
7627 W. Courtney Campbell Causeway

If you are staying at the same, we shoul dmeet for drinks. And yes, they have a rooftop outdoor area.
I wouldn't get your hopes up (at Westin Tampa Bay by the airport). Yes, its a new property, but the rooms are nothing to write home about. I find the hotel to be extremely noisy with the causeway adjacent to the property. In the evening, you hear nothing but rice rockets ramping up their engines because of the stop light. It's ridiculous. Also, I was not upgraded to a suite (and yes, I asked) even though spg.com clearly stated a standard suite was available for sale (I'm sick of it, whether or not the hotels actually have the suites, don't sell it if you don't have it). The club lounge was lame. In the evening, it was invaded by a group of kids who brought their own alcohol and blasted the lame speakers attached to the computer with ghetto music. I was so appalled that I canceled my reservation for the next evening and moved to the Westin Harbour Island. That was the best decision I had ever made. Feel free to browse through my pictures of the Harbour Island:
www.flickr.com/photos/dunkindonuts Though an older hotel, I enjoyed it more.

To their credit, the staff was very friendly and well trained.