FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Pre-TR, My Very First TR, RTW, and International F Flight
Old Jun 21, 2009, 12:39 am
General_Flyer

Programs: Star Alliance, One World, Skyteam, BR, GA, EK, VX, SPG, Marriott, Hyatt, Hilton, IC
Thanks guys for the feedback.. Down below is a little something before the Big SQ RTW...

[SEATAC Airport, June 20th ~ 16:00 PM]

My trip began officially as I arrive in SEATAC at about 4 in the afternoon. It was all quiet, nice and serene with only a couple of lines in Y and three or four people in the Elite line..

This is how quiet the CI desk was:

Everything went on surprisingly well and I noticed this gentlemen in purple shirts and took no notice to him and he as well to me.

I checked in, and managed to get my Interline with SQ prepped by the agent and weighed everything down. Got my BP and was ready to head out to the Screening area when this gentlemen in the purple shirt approached me not one feet from the CI counter and asked me, "Are you a Flyertalker?"

For a moment there, I was quiet and managed to reply "yes". He then told me his FT handle, which I thought due to his thick English/Australian accent was Kawohl.

And so, I gave him way to first do his stuff with the CI agent and once everything's done, we chatted a little bit.

Turned out, he's Kawoh the Star Alliance Moderator. So we shook hands (If I remember correctly) and started to chat a bit when he said that this was his second ever meeting an FTer with the 'Flyertag'.

He then suggested we find a coffee shop, which is a Starbucks right beside the screening gate with Alaska's elite line and we talked about an hour or so until it is time for me to depart. Turns out, he's on his way to HKG and LHR tomorrow.

So at around 17:05, we parted ways and wished each other a good flight and trip..

Here's a pic of me and Kawoh:

Sorry that the pic blurred a bit, but here's me on the left and he on the right. I'll post a much better one when he emailed me the pic from his camera..

Afterwards, the screening's pretty uneventful and I fail to see the need to go through UA's elite line, so I went through to the screening place near the starbucks as Kawoh departed.

Pic of SEA's Screening Area:

All in all, very uneventful screening.. Even managed to make a few friendly gestures to fellow flyers and no MMWs in sight. TSA Agents were pretty calm, nothing really happened.

Then, I was on my way to gate N16 using the tram system and arrived there about 1 hour before the boarding time. I entered the RCC without a problem, whipped my SQ *G and BP, all went well. I also asked her about photo opportunity of the cabin, and she said to me to just head to the gate around 5:35 and ask the GA about it. So the only thing I did was just use the bathroom and went out to the gates and asked a Male GA about taking pictures of the cabin.. His answer? Well, plain and simple "NO!"

Ah well, I tried anyways so a bit grumbling I went back to the RCC and told the RCC agent about what happened. Soon afterwards, I went to grab some pics and an apple juice before I go back to the gate for boarding.

A few shots from the RCC...

It was quiet, there was probably less than 10 people, and here's a few quick shots:

The Bar, quite empty too:

The Front Desk.. Very quiet:

My glass of Apple Juice with Ice:

[Trip 1, SEA-SFO]

Flight: UA 475
Aircraft: A320
Seat: 2C
Load: F 9, Y & Y+ 80% Full

So as we board, there were two UA pilots joining the F pax. I happen to sit to one of them. As the flight safety video turned on, we started chatting a bit, topic starting from myself to finally Glenn Tilton and how much he and the rest of UA hates Glenn..

This UA pilot's very nice and we really talked a whole lot. Until in the end of the flight, he gave me a little surprise when I mentioned to him about GGG mid-flight...

The rest was very quiet.. Service was nice, fruits and cheese were served and a bit of turbulence as we enter SFO.

I managed to take a few pics before the plane departed and here's some of it..

Seat 3D, right behind the UA Pilot:

Pic from the back cabin:

The wristband given to me by the pilot whom I didn't get properly introduced:

Well, that's all for now..

Next time, It's all about UA's First Int'l Lounge, SFO SKL, and the part you've all been waiting for... SQ's First Class onboard the Boeing 777-300ER..

Hope you enjoy!