FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Pre-TR, My Very First TR, RTW, and International F Flight
Old Jun 20, 2009, 2:46 am
General_Flyer

Programs: Star Alliance, One World, Skyteam, BR, GA, EK, VX, SPG, Marriott, Hyatt, Hilton, IC
Pre-TR, My Very First TR, RTW, and International F Flight

[Pre-TR]

Good Day FTers!

Although I've been flying a number of times after joining FT, I felt that this one should be documented for others to read and hoping they'll enjoy a writing from a TR Newbie.

Here I am writing while sitting in bed, thinking of nothing but my first trip in F almost all the way in UA Domestic F, SQ International F, CI Y, and UA PS C (will OLCI/Gate upgrade to F).

My actual trip will start tomorrow when my shuttle driver picks me up and delivers me to SEA and finally begin my RTW trip in SQ F.

To be honest, for all my life; I've never imagined being able to fly in International F especially with SQ.. But life comes my way, and thanks to my dad's financial support and that of my own savings; I managed to book my SQ RTW and a few connecting flights on United.

The flight plans are detailed below:

Jun-20, SEA-SFO (UA): A320, Seat 2C
Jun-21, SFO-HKG-SIN (SQ): 77W, Seat 1F
Jun-25, SIN-SUB (CI): A333, Seat Unknown
Sept-21, SUB-SIN (MI): A320, Seat Unknown
Sept-21, SIN-FRA-JFK (SQ): 744, Seat 2F
Sept-22, JFK-SFO (UA PS): 752, Seat 6C
Sept-22, JFK-PDX (UA): 752, Seat 5B

You might wonder about the CI Y, but since my dad 'wishes' me to fly along with the rest of the family instead of redeeming my KF miles on MI C, I just had to follow him which to my dismay ends me up flying CI instead of MI.

In this trip I'll be spending some time in the Meritus Mandarin in SIN, since my dad told me its the 'cheapest' and I can't get any cheaper than that.. I was eager to prove him wrong on all accounts (being an FT member anyway, I was ready to strut my stuff out to him and prove him wrong), but he being my dad and I'm his son, I just had to follow through even if I've found a fantastic deal on the Swissotel..

Since I am also leaving SEA and starts my new school year in PDX, I had to say a few goodbyes to all my friends, the good Metro Drivers whom I had befriended, and everyone I've met especially the people from Catanzarros in Pike Place Market (Where I've bought from them 9lbs of either Muscat or Rainiers every week and kindly always left me some stocks to buy). On a separate note, I also managed to get to see Boeing's Museum of Flight after 2 years living in SEA. To be honest, it was really worth it.. Got to even see three historic aircrafts such as the P-51 Mustang, B-17G Flying Fortress, B24J Liberator, and all of them still flying thanks to the efforts of restoration groups that had done a tremendous job..

Pics of the B-17G Flying Fortress:

The Front of the Plane, featuring its .50 Caliber Machine Guns:

More of the Front end, this time showing its scores:

An AF 777 happens to depart from the field, still a bit of the B-17 on the right side..

The Bombardier + Nose Gunner position:

Flight Controls in the C***pit:

Flight Mechanic's Control Board:

The rest of the pics will be available here

This is the end of my Pre-TR, although I still have so much to talk about; I kind of forgotten what to actually talk about up to this point.. I hope all of you will enjoy this little Pre-Boarding Snack...