FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Long delay/failure for partner miles to post to MP [Merged Threads]
Old Jun 19, 2009, 10:03 pm
Boulder

Programs: UA-1K, DL-nothing
Long delay/failure for partner miles to post to MP [Merged Threads]

I'd like some input from the crowd on how best to deal with a pending issue. I flew TIP-VIE-DME last March on Austrian Air. It was a B-fare (fare BR1OW1L), so I should get full credit for the flight. MP number was entered when I made the booking on aua.com, but I did not verify that my number was on the record when I checked in at TIP or at the connection in VIE (my mistake).

Anyway. I submitted a request for missing miles in mid-April and received a confirmation email stating that I should receive a response within 4 weeks. At the 4 week mark, called MP and the less than helpful operator told me I must wait 4 to 6 weeks for the miles to post. Called back at 6 weeks and was told to wait up to 8 weeks. Called at 8 weeks and they told me I had to wait until day 60 before they would follow up. The difference between 8 weeks and 60 days? FOUR days. Wouldn't budge. Talked to them at the 60 day mark and they said they'll resubmit the claim to Austrian, and I'll have to wait 4 to 6 weeks for the mileage to post.

Any suggestions/thoughts/recommendation to resolve this? I am, unfortunately, just a "General Member" at this time, though I'll hit 2P when the DEQM posts.

Thanks, in advance.