FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Issues with Corporate Rate vs. Express Rate
Old Jun 12, 2009, 12:48 pm
jackal
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
I'm not clear with what you mean by your "default Express rate." There isn't a default Express rate: you can either book with the standard retail rate (what Joe Schmo going to Dollar.com finds on the website) or the corporate rate (with your Corporate Discount number). When booking your reservation, make sure your reservation confirmation shows the correct corporate rate, and that should be exactly what gets loaded into the location's computers when they pull up your reservation. If you don't get your corporate rate when booking, make sure the CD# is correctly input into the reservation "time and place" screen (the one where you first input the dates, times, and location), and on the next page, make sure that your company's name is displayed above the vehicle size. (If you're booking this through your company's travel agent's GDS system, then there will be different steps to ensure you get the corporate rate.)

If the reservation is booked fine and you are still getting a different rate when actually picking up your car, I'm not sure what's going on--I've never seen this happen. Find an experienced agent or ask the manager on duty to look in the reservation to see if there were changes made at any time. If they can't help you, a call to the Dollar Express customer support desk or the Dollar corporate accounts help desk may help figure out what's going on. You can reach Dollar Express at 1-866-776-6667 or the corporate accounts department at 1-800-331-3550.

Last edited by jackal; Jun 12, 2009 at 12:53 pm