FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Saying Goodbye to a friend - Travelling for the wrong reasons (LHR-PHL with UA)
Old Jun 10, 2009, 6:55 am
mjgodden

Sorry that you had occasion to travel, but thanks for the trip report.

Originally Posted by Kevincm
The purser then did something quite odd… he wheeled a trolley of newspapers around the plane… … and I managed to nab a copy of Business Traveller before he scooted back to the galley (in an effort to look after the E+ customers). Interesting, and definitely, the first time that happen, so thumbs up there.
I've seen this happen fairly often.. they rarely get past more than a few rows of E+ before they run out, but it's a nice gesture.

Originally Posted by Kevincm
Soon enough, the dreaded breakfast service commenced, with a choice of Waffle or an Omelet. Now knowing how rubbery a UA Omelet could be, I went with the Waffle – What wonders would await me….?

Brekkie.

Well… this is.. umm… Interesting! The fruit was okie (fresh as usual with apple, grape, 1 piece of melon and some orange segments if you dug hard enough). The projectiles was this wonderful mixed brown and white bread that LHR and MAN insist on supplying with meals… the yogurt was passed on, and the waffle – well I’m going be nice here – it wasn’t burnt, it was warm, the mango topping complimented the sweetness quite nicely.

So what about the Bacon. Oh dear. Even I can cook bacon better than this. Extra Rubbery and Extra Crisp sums it up (how they can do that is beyond me...).
UA Y class breakfast, when served as a hot meal (as opposed to the Danish & Yog) is, IMHO, the worst meal that they offer on any flight. Just bleugh.

On the other hand, I love the pretzel bread roll that they serve as a pre-arrival snack. Very nice.

Mark