FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - St Regis Bali Resort, Bali, Indonesia [Master Thread]
Old Jun 9, 2009, 12:58 pm
czabransky

Programs: SPG Plat; Delta Elite; Hilton; US Air; American;
I just recently stayed at the St Regis for four wonderful nights. As a platinum SPG I was upgraded to room 617 that has a wonderful view.

Top 3 things I enjoyed.
-Breakfast, you can't miss it. It is the best of any hotel I ever stayed. And its all included.
-My view. I loved watching the distant ocean from my balcony (thank you upgrade) There we even had a coach to enjoy it comfortably.
-Package. We found a 4 night romance package that had 3 nights at $450 and the fourth free (that gives you the $330 a night) Plus it provided VIP pickup and service at the airport....no waiting in line for a Visa, you just sit in a lounge and enjoy some refreshments. Nice way to enter the country after a long flight and it sets the tone for St Regis service that never disappointed.

Things to Improve.
-Aperitif. I think they might want to include a cocktail in the lounge for free (maybe just for SPG platinum members) to enjoy the sunset fire ceremony. A sign talks about an aperitif, but it did not translate in the bar. Odd.
-Concierge. I thought there would be more options to see Bali, I also visited the tour office on premises, but the options seemed to be read straight from word files on a computer....there was little negotiation or conversation. A bit disappointing for a category 6-7 property in a tourist destination rich in culture and adventure options.

In summary, I enjoyed my stay and would recommend the property as I will look back at my time there fondly.

stay adventurous,
Craig Zabransky
you can follow my travel stories on Twitter: @ StayAdventurous