FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Long-Term Extended Stays: Rates, Benefits, Information, Questions and Suggestions
Old Mar 2, 2002, 7:54 am
dcwcce
Suspended

Location: IAH-LAX -IAH Continental - Platinum EARNED(with calouses on my butt) Hilton Honors - Diamond
Long-Term Extended Stays: Rates, Benefits, Information, Questions and Suggestions

I have had a room @ one of the D/T's in Houston (not the " very bad hotel" ) since January 7, 2002. There are some cost advantages to letting the occupancy run continuously under Texas law (after thirty days of continuous occupancy it's considered rent, so all of the hotel sales tax and sports tax extortions are waived ) and a significantly better rate to occupy continually rather than checking in and out weekly.

Besides only getting one partner credit per stay (totally missing out on the 2X double dip through 3/31/02) The hotel is claiming that they can only submit HH points at the very end of my stay. The present hotel is claiming a 99 day maximum.

I have contactced another property which has matched the rate and at least they gave me an adequate explanation claiming the HH system will not let you check out of a property and back in the same day, to prevent abuse of the number of stays and partener credit issues. I am sure the field only allows for two digits, hence the present hotel's artificial limitation of 99 days.

The hotel is debiting the credit card every three weeks, My opinion is as they receive payment fror the services I should receive the awards.

Rather unique situation but anyone have advice ?

------------------
"A Southwest line never gets longer, It only gets wider"

[This message has been edited by dcwcce (edited 03-02-2002).]