FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton Anaheim {US-CA}
View Single Post
Old Feb 20, 2002, 5:45 pm
cy-gone

Should I still get Points?

I had a stay last Saturday night at the Anaheim Hilton that never happened. Let me explain. I booked a night online at Hiltons Website last week and received a rate of $95.00. I went to the Hotel on Saturday and checked in at the VIP desk (I am Diamond) at around 1PM. I was told that my room was not ready and to come back after three. All the paperwork was done however at that time and I was told I would just have to show my ID to get access to the room.

I came back after five PM with my two kids in tow. I went to the front desk and was told that there had been a power failure and I would have to go to another Hotel. The power failure was just limited to the Anaheim Hilton but they offered me accomodations at the Hilton at John Wayne Airport some 15 to 20 miles away. They did offer to pay for these accomodations. My children missed the fireworks display at Disney and were dissapointed. The accomodations at John Wayne were equally dissappointing. I have noticed that Hilton Anaheim has charged me for the room, even though I did not stay there. I was informed by the front desk attendent at the John Wayne Hilton that my stay would not earn points because it was direct billed to the Anaheim Hilton. I am hoping to have the charges reversed for my stay at the Anaheim Hilton after all I was never there.

My only question is should I get points for my stay in Anaheim, John Wayne or both. Right now I am getting none. What do you think.

[This message has been edited by cy-gone (edited 02-20-2002).]