FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ROOMSAVER.COM
Thread: ROOMSAVER.COM
View Single Post
Old Feb 11, 2002, 5:43 pm
craz
Suspended

becareful with ROOMSAVER.COM

tried to check in to the Hampton Inn@King of Prussia,Pa on sunday night.The night mgr said ONLY coupons from the book are accepted, not a printed coupon.Told her it was from RS.COM, and its just as good.She didnt budge, nor was she willing to sign my coupon that at the time I was checking in rooms were aviable.
So I called HI res and the rep thought she was nuts and told me to leave a message for customer service to back myself up, did so and checked in at $119 for the night.
At check out I asked by name for the mgr that the HI rep gave me sun night, turns out he hasnt been around for over 5 years.Spoke to the mgr who said I didnt get the $59 rate since it wasnt aviable, and the $119 rate stands.
I told him 1)the night mgr called a person called....., if no rooms were aviable she should have said so, why did she call ..., 2)call HI customer service they know all about it, I was willing to pay the $59 rate till he started to play games till he realized everything I said was TRUE,(also went down after check-in to get a toothbrush and paste, the mgr said 'NOW WHAT', then that the stuff was locked up in a room down the hall and that she was busy(talking on the phone to a friend), and come back at 6am Ill get it then, I left didnt she think people brush their teeth B4 going to sleep.

the day mgr was going to charge me $59 only after hassling me and trying to get the rate to stick at $119. I told him he didnt need to do me any favors and reduce the rate to $59, since after the way both he and the night mgr treated the whole episode, I was now totally disatisfied with the hotel and expected the room to be w/o charge at all.
And so the room was w/o charge in the end.

The point is even though the internet coupons are suppose to work they may not.so if thats all you have try as I did to get the person checking you in to sign that when you presented the coupon there was room at that rate, if they refuse as by me call HI res and ask for customer service if closed leave a message, this is to protect yourself.
My intent was not to get the room for free ONLY to pay the coupon rate of $59 instead of the $119 rate.Thats why I documented everything.Why not go else where, Im a Diamond and wanted the double miles and stay credit, which Ill still earn even though the stay turned out free.