FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The worst experience with Qatar :(
View Single Post
Old Jun 2, 2009, 4:58 am
tokyolyon

Programs: Qatar Airways Gold, Singapore air Kris flyer,Emirates Silver, Etihad Gold
Originally Posted by SgtRyan
I dont know what the general rule is when this happens? If Qatar should give you a hotel etc but that is wrong. Maybe someone else can shed some light on the rules regarding this??? That said.....it is a joke that they have treated you like that, however, seems to be a general thing
Hey. Thanks for your comment. The thing is that they denied my boarding and yet no one in Doha knew about my flight being delayed from LHR which is so strange. I had to explain about that to everyone. Plus I didn’t want to stay in Doha anyway. The other thing is that I was told by the gate agents, sorry sir we waited for you but you didn’t come. This is ridiculous.

In 2005 I had a ticket (discounted economy) with Japan airlines to Tunis via Frankfurt for the out bound flight and via Paris for the inbound flight. I bought it from august to travel in December. 2 days before my departure I got a call from Japan airlines saying that the Tokyo- Frankfurt flight was overbooked and they asked if it was ok for me to fly via Paris instead of Frankfurt. It was the same departure day. They told me if it was ok with me they will give me 20 percent off the price I paid plus a business class seat from Tokyo to Paris. They just changed my transit point and look what they did for me.