FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - So long NW, Hello CO
View Single Post
Old May 31, 2009, 7:26 pm
redtailshark
Suspended

Location: Tucson, AZ, USA. UA 1K, reluctant but * best in class * DL FO/MM. Former BA jumpseat rider and scourge of Dilbertian management and apologists. As LX might - and do - say: "....an experienced frequent flyer of international airlines"
Originally Posted by nwa330
After 25 years flying with NW I have decided to make the switch to CO. I have many reasons for making this change. I feel CO has the best product out there. I recently flew to FCO on CO and returned on NW. CO had the best coach seat I ever have flown on and NW felt a cardboard box. The Delta program is so diluted the its impossible to redeem any millage. The only availability I find operated by CO. I can't believe people are really going to spend 45k in miles for a domestic flight and well over 100k to Europe. The only thing I ask is bring back the Bali flights and and start nonstop service to Guam.
As one of the redtail faithful - although not quite as long-serving as you - who is seeking new and greener pastures, welcome to the new (blue and gold) fold.

I suppose I was effectively a CO flyer for the past five years anyway because I didn't have to switch from NW to enjoy the benefits but often flew CO. Now our relationship is formalized

I choose not to think about this situation as CO vs NW anyway. NW effectively no longer exists, already - try redeeming WP miles now on the awful Deltified NWA.COM. In a matter of twelve months, NWA.COM went from being the best performing FFP tool to tied for worst. Amazing. All D (ownhil) L.

Now, now, it's simply CO vs DL.

And I agree strongly with your statement about worthless SM. DL has made some serious errors with the handling of their FFP (moving to the SM model to satisfy management vanity and their corporate mortgage to AmEx, not because SM was measurably superior to WP) and will pay for them, sooner than they think. But too bad for them.

But I don't agree that CO has good Y seats. It's disheartening to read in this thread that CO formally examined better Y seats and rejected them, because the old ones are in the lower tiers of comfort and quality for major carrier Y cabins. I wish we could move this back up the list since we spend so much time in the back of the 738s.

Nonetheless, on the whole, things are better than they will be over in the Coke basement. It's time to rack up the OP miles and look forward to learning about and using the Star network.