FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What to do when you're Diamond
View Single Post
Old Dec 25, 2001, 6:30 am
FlyByMike

Just got back from the London Hilton.

Hotlancer: All my stays have been at a few Hamptons due to a project in the middle of nowhere. I wish there was a "real" Hilton!

As for my 6 night award experience in London, it was excellent. At checkin, I presented my certificate and Diamond card and the woman pulled me over and said "Oh! we have a special checkin area for you." That was just a desk off to the side, but it was a nice touch. She just took my info and explained the hotel. The concierge floors are 22-27 and I was on 24. I don't know what the rooms on the other floors look like but this was probably just the same, but on a higher floor. My brother and I had twin beds and there was also a chair and a desk in the room. The first day they brought up a fruit plate and everyday they came to turndown the bed. My brother wasn't really sure why they do that, and I've wondered what the point is too. But then again, they left chocolates everyday so that's good.

MisterNice: I had complimentary access to the most excellent lounge, and used it everyday at least once. Obviously your experiences have been different. They had a typical continental breakfast with bowls of fruit, cereal, pastries, etc. In the late afternoon until about 5:30 (afternoon tea I think it was) they brought out delicious cakes and had drinks available. Immediatly after clearning those they put out cheese and crackers and other snacks.

All in all I had a very comfortable stay. I will agree though, that had we not had access to the lounge, the hotel stay would have just been a room on a high floor.