FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - This merger is causing booking difficulties
Old May 28, 2009, 10:34 am
NoPlaceLikeHome
Suspended

Programs: CO, DL, US, AS, CO, BA, LH, SQ, WN
Originally Posted by DeltaFirst
That's because you make it sound like if you're a procrastinator - then NWA would be your airline of choice.
Please take the internal blinders off and remember that close-to-departure bookings are sadly very important to DL and other carriers because they insist on charging more for seats that have no differential cost of goods sold. In other words, how late someone books has no impact whatsoever on DL's cost of transporting them.

People book close-to-departure more as a result of emergencies (say, death of your father) than due to "procrastination". That make's DL's practice of charging 2X to 3X normal fares under such circumstances inarguably insidious and sinister. Additionally, most procrastinators are now in the unemployment line, frankly.

My policy, and DL needs to know this, is that if I cannot get a seat that I want upon ticket purchase I do not fly that carrier. Ever. My business goes to the carrier offering the best seat.

I stopped thinking that I was treated well by DL as a PM back in January when their foolishness and disconnection with PM's started. So, sitting in a middle seat at the back of the plane, in order to get 200% miles is a full-blown waste of my time.

Anne

Last edited by NoPlaceLikeHome; May 28, 2009 at 10:41 am