FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - This merger is causing booking difficulties
Old May 27, 2009, 5:31 am
socrates
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
Originally Posted by enviroian
I booked a phx-dtw flight yesterday for 6/5-6/10 on Delta's website. Both non stops are on NW metal (obviously). Both come up "upgrade unavailable" so I call the plat line and the agent puts me on hold while she has to call NW so they recoginize my status. Then, I find out I have no ability on Delta's website to assign seats. I get my PNR and head over to NW's site where I can access seat assigments only to find out I have to wait 24 hours before departure to get a "choice seat" or whatever they call it (want an exit row on the 319 but no dice). What gives?

Ian
search would easily have yielded at least 20+ current threads on this very topic

But to answer the question again - DL IT is very lacking but in this case isn't at fault...DLMatic doesn't control NW flights and can't tell you anything about upgrades...only PARS can and DL doesn't use PARS NW does...the great thing about PARS is regardless of which FF Program you have your flight credited to it'll upgrade you based upon the highest status what's in your record...yes that's right - you can have 2 FF numbers in your PNR in PARS so for example if you're a CO Plat but you want to credit your flights to DL you'll still receive EUA based upon your CO Plat status on NW metal

For the 2nd question - that is correct you can't choose those seats until the full seat map is released at the 24 hour checkin window - this policy is much more customer friendly than DL's currently policy which doesn't hold seats back and allows non-elites to select them and then they wont allow elites to check in online without seat assignments...very customer unfriendly