FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping
Old May 23, 2009, 8:20 am
gejone

Programs: AA LT Gold & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by 3rivers
But after reading a few of the pages here (certainly not all 151 pages - gosh) seems many folks here doing this at $5000 a time. I can only assume that is some heavy box you get with 5000 coins !!

I might have to consider this with the SPG Amex - do it 4 times for 20K miles, then get 5K bonus when transfer to an airline.

Or is there a better card to use???

When you order the $5,000 in NA they will come in 2 boxes, and yes they are heavy. Usually they are shipped on the same day, but sometimes not. Some orders will require a signature, I know they do at $1,500 the level, but it might be as low as $1,000. They are also using a combination of Fedex/USPS, where the package is picked up and taken to a certain point along the way and then turned over to the USPS and they make the final delivery. This may only happen with a $250 order. Keep reading this post for more current details.

In my personal opinion, you can't get a better card than SPG AMEX. The mileage bonus is super.

Last edited by gejone; May 23, 2009 at 12:31 pm